This interactive fitness training platform offers thousands of on-demand running, cycling, rowing, strength, flexibility, and other cross-training workouts led by expert trainers and world-class instructors.
Plus, the iFIT app allows you to exercise at home, at the gym, or on the go. Here, we go over the various ways you can use the iFIT app.
What Equipment is Best for iFIT?
With iFIT, you can access a comprehensive connected fitness system on iFIT-enabled equipment, Bluetooth-connected machines, or a compatible mobile device or TV.
One reason we really like iFIT is the ability to use the app with various equipment, including iFIT-connected equipment, gym machines, or home cardio equipment. You can also use the app for off-machine workouts.
That said, the easiest way to maximize the app's features is with iFIT-connected exercise equipment from NordicTrack, ProForm, Freemotion, Weider, and Matrix.
That’s because these companies offer treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, rowers, fitness mirrors, and strength systems that allow you to stream workouts directly to the cardio or strength machine’s HD-connected screen.
iFIT offers a wide range of treadmill studio workouts and classes designed to simulate outdoor running experiences, such as hill climbs, interval training, and scenic runs.
You can access running and walking workouts on an iFIT-enabled machine with a connected screen or by streaming the app on a compatible device. iFIT-enabled treadmills with connected screens include:
- NordicTrack: Commercial Series, Incline Trainer Series, and EXP Series
- ProForm: Pro Series, Carbon Series, and City Series
- FreeMotion: Reflex Series
- Matrix: TF30 and TF50
iFIT offers a wide range of studio cycling workouts and outdoor climbs. You can access cycling workouts on an iFIT-enabled machine with a connected screen or by streaming the app on a compatible device. iFIT-enabled bikes with connected screens include:
- NordicTrack: Commercial Studio Series, Recumbent Series, and Upright Series
- ProForm: Studio Series and C Series
- FreeMotion: CoachBike, u22.9 Upright Bike, r22.9 Recumbent Bike,
- Matrix: Recumbent Series, Upright Series, and ICR50
If you prefer a low-impact workout, iFIT offers elliptical workouts designed to challenge your cardiovascular system while toning lower body muscles.
You can access elliptical workouts on an iFIT-enabled machine with a connected screen or by streaming the app on a compatible device. iFIT-enabled ellipticals with connected screens include:
- NordicTrack: Freestride Trainer Series and Front Drive Series
- ProForm: HIIT Trainer Series and Carbon E10
- FreeMotion: e22.9
- Matrix: E30 and E50
Rowing machines allow you to train multiple muscle groups while boosting cardio endurance. You can access rowing workouts on an iFIT-enabled machine with a connected screen or by streaming the app on a compatible device. iFIT-enabled rowers with connected screens include:
- NordicTrack: RW Series
- ProForm: Pro R10
iFIT also offers workouts that focus on strength training. You can use your own equipment or purchase iFIT-compatible equipment. iFit-compatible strength training equipment includes:
- NordicTrack: Fusion CST and Vault
- ProForm: Fitness Mirror Vue and Vue 180
Best for iFIT connected workouts
NordicTrack is known for its connected Nordic ski machines, low-impact exercisers, ellipticals, and incline trainers. NordicTrack is owned and managed by iFIT Health & Fitness Inc.
Broad Selection of Equipment to suit preferences
App-enabled equipment for access to classes
Over 40 years in the fitness industry
Beyond the iFIT-enabled strength equipment, the app is also great for off-machine workouts like yoga and strength sessions using resistance equipment such as exercise bands, dumbbells, and kettlebells.
Once connected via an iFIT-enabled machine or through a supported device (iOS and Android-compatible mobile devices, Roku devices, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Google TV, and Android TV), you’ll have access to an extensive library of workouts that can be tailored to your fitness level, goals, and preferences with workouts including cardio, strength training, yoga, and more.
While not an exhaustive list, some of the workouts you can perform with an iFIT subscription include:
- Treadmill, cycling, elliptical, and rowing workouts
- Strength training workouts focusing on different muscle groups
- Pilates and yoga workouts
- HIIT workouts
- Bootcamp-style workouts that combine strength training and cardio
- Outdoor workouts that take you on scenic routes around the world, with trainers guiding you through the workout and providing motivational cues
- Mindfulness and meditation workouts
*Remember, if your equipment is not iFit-enabled, you can connect it to an iFit-compatible device such as a tablet, smartphone, or smart TV.
Best for Connected Equipment
- Instructor-led studio classes
- Instructor-led audio workouts
- 140+ workout series
How to Get the Most Out of iFIT
To get the most out of iFIT, you’ll want to have access to iFIT-connected equipment or Bluetooth-enabled gym or home cardio machines.
Maximum benefits come from using the app with an iFIT-enabled machine since you can take advantage of the automatic adjustment feature, which means the speed, incline, and resistance are automatically adjusted for you, with the ability to override it if needed.
If using it for off-equipment workouts, you can use the app with iOS and Android-compatible mobile devices.
While the app was originally designed for iFIT-connected exercise equipment (NordicTrack, ProForm, Freemotion, Weider, and Matrix), we see a lot of value in using it with other cardio equipment and for off-machine strength, yoga, and other workouts, especially since it only costs $15 per month and comes with a 30-day trial.
The iFIT app is also a great tool for staying motivated and achieving fitness goals. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
- Choose workouts that suit your fitness level and goals.
- Customize your workouts by adjusting the speed, resistance, and incline of your equipment.
- Try different trainers and music options to keep you motivated.
- Set achievable goals and track your progress using the iFIT app.
- Participate in an iFIT Challenge, which allows you to compete against other users with similar fitness goals and track your progress on the leaderboard.
- Use the iFIT Community to connect with other users, share your progress, and get support from others on the same fitness journey.
Overall, the iFIT app is best suited for people who want a studio or group fitness experience while using a cardio machine or fitness enthusiasts looking for indoor workouts that mimic outdoor training.
But if you’re looking for customized routines or an exercise library detailing specific moves, iFIT may not be right for you since it is geared towards coach-led workouts and classes.
The iFIT app is an interactive fitness platform that gives you access to a diverse library of on-demand global workouts and studio classes you can do with or without equipment.
Plus, iFIT is designed for home, gym, and on-the-go cardio, strength, yoga, and flexibility workouts, so that you can take classes anywhere.
All you need to get started is an iOS or Android-supported mobile device, compatible TV, or iFIT-enabled equipment. And you can try the iFIT app free for 30 days, so you have nothing to lose.